We may use and disclose your personal information in order to:
- Provide and/or administer a product or service
- Promote opportunities in which you may be interested
- Maintain your contact details and relationship with us
- Allow us to comply with our legal obligations
- Any other related purpose which would be reasonably expected.
We may share personal information within the IDFG Group as reasonably required or expected without your
permission in order to efficiently and effectively serve your financial needs, as well as promote opportunities to you in which you may be interested.
We may also disclose your personal information with other organisations in connection with the provision of products or services you undertake or have undertaken with us. The types of organisations to which we are likely to disclose information about you include, but are not limited to:
- Other mortgage intermediaries, lenders, valuers, mortgage insurers and surveyors
- Accountants and credit reporting agencies
- Legal representatives
- Insurance providers, underwriters and medical professionals
- Superannuation funds
- Vendors, real estate agents, builders and utility providers
- Other property managers
- Quantity surveyors, valuers, tradespeople and tenancy databases
- Any person acting on your behalf, including duly appointed attorney,
executors and trustees
- Records management and data management service providers.
We may be required to disclose your personal information by law.
Circumstances in which we may disclose your personal information would be to:
- A Court or Tribunal in response to a request or in response to a subpoena
- The Australian Taxation Office
- Centrelink and other government bodies
- Any other body as required by law or court order or pursuant to any other
legally enforceable demand on the IDFG Group.
We may disclose your personal information to an external product or service provider outside of the IDFG Group that we have a business relationship with, so that they may contact you to provide their services to you that we believe may be of interest to you. Prior to disclosing such information, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of the
external product or service provider’s services, and provide you with a simple means to request not to receive communications from them. Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to an external product or service provider, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are bound by privacy and confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information. However, we will only provide personal information in compliance with our obligations under the relevant licences, regulations and the law.
We will generally not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, unless required in order to comply with our legal obligations. A case where your personal information may be disclosed includes, but is not limited to, the situation where you are a foreign resident and we have been duly requested to provide your personal information by a tax authority in a country where you hold citizenship and under Australian laws we are legally required to provide any or all of the information requested.